Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees fostering and supporting the development of The Anchorage Waldorf School as indicated in the articles of incorporation.
Current Board Members
Jim Anderson – Board Member, President
Joe Earsley– Board Member, Former President
Tim Jester – Board Member
Chris McMichael – Board Member , Secretary
Renee Parks – Board Member & Faculty Representative
Kate Elsmann – Board Member
Brian Meissner-Board Member, Treasurer
Carla SlatonBarker-Board Member
Steven Ingle – Board Member
The Admin Council works as a “collective head” to handle communication and decision-making responsibilities.
Parent Council’s purpose is to enhance the community life of the school. It’s goals are to
- encourage active, positive communication between parents, classes, committees and the governing bodies of the school,
- inspire parent involvement in the school,
- provide a forum for parents’ ideas, initiatives and concerns,
- coordinate social and educational events for the school community, and
- strengthen our connection to the Anchorage community by hosting education events and initiating community service projects.
Fall Gala Committee
Assists the Board of Trustees in assuring the positive financial health of the school by monitoring finance, budgeting and making financial recommendations.
Recruits and oversees the hiring process for main classroom teachers, specialty teachers and aftercare providers.
Develops and executes a successful marketing campaign, with the goal of building the student body to a level that provides stability for the school and strengthens our vibrant learning environment.
School Store Committee
Maintains our school store as a community resource for high quality items that support Waldorf education.
Social Health Coordinating Group
Facilitates and nurtures a healthy social environment within our school community, through the integration of social inclusion and community social health programs.