Have a question? We can help!
The Anchorage Waldorf School administrative staff is here to serve you. In order to better facilitate answering your questions and fulfilling your needs, please see our individual areas of responsibilities listed below:
- Answers general questions and/or directs to appropriate person, coordinates & directs information flow
- If a student is ill or hurt, makes sure they get the care they need; notifies parent(s) if appropriate
- Manages database & phone directory
- Handles student record requests
Enrollment, Marketing and Alumni email@example.com
- Facilitates new families’ entry into the school (admissions process)
- Conducts informational events – school open houses and visitation days
- Oversees and edits publication of the newsletter
- Participates in Admin Council, Marketing and Gala Committees
- Coordinates communication with alumni
Business Manager, Bobette Stubblefield, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manages tuition contracts and oversees re-enrollment process
- Manages fiscal budget, bank accounts, cash flow and insurance policies
- Responsible for financial policies, payroll and reporting, and business reporting – Federal, State, non-profit, and AWSNA
- Facilitates annual audit
- Supports Budget/Finance, Tuition Assistance and Safety Committees
- Approves accounts receivable, payables, reimbursements and check requests
Administrator, Zinna Heavener, email@example.com
- Carries the vision of the school in the administrative realm, providing administrative leadership to the various groups who share responsibility for the school through the facilitation, coordination, and communication of the school’s short and long term goals
- Provides leadership to the administrative staff
- Handles public relations with parents and the community
- Has a presence with all school committees
- Participates actively in Admin Council, Faculty and Board
Zinna Heavener – Administrator
Zinna chaired the first initiative to begin the grades in 1996 at AWS. Her oldest son was in the first graduating class with Ms. Montgomery. Her two other sons now reside as students as well. Zinna formed the first Parent Council, assisted in the kindergarten and grades classrooms, and volunteered for many years in the school. In 2006, Zinna stepped in to fill the position of both Administrator and business manager and has returned again as the Administrator in 2008. Zinna has begun her second year at Rudolf Steiner College in the Waldorf Administration course and will graduate in 2010. With many years as a successful business owner in her personal life, Zinna and her family bring their talents and love for the Anchorage Waldorf School to our community.
Bobette Stubblefield – Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: M.S. Ed with emphasis on Language Arts/Reading, BS Business Administration. While raising her family, Bobette spent many years in the finance / management aspect of business administration. When her two boys were well established and on their own, she returned to school and earned her Master’s degree in Education. She has many years of experience teaching Practical Life Skills and Healthy Relationships to young adults in Florida, as well as a brief stint teaching High School Mathematics in Georgia.
Bobette grew up in Anchorage and is thrilled to be home. Both she and her husband are avid outdoors people who love to fish, camp, hike, and ski! Her other interests include public speaking, reading and writing. Bobette is a published author and is working on a new book which she hopes to see published by the end of 2012.
Jann Mylet - Director of Enrollment, Marketing and Alumni, email@example.com
Education: B.A. St. Lawrence University, M.S. Villanova University
Born and raised in New Hampshire, Jann holds a B.A. in Sociology from St. Lawrence University and a M.S. in Counseling from Villanova University. She has over sixteen years’ experience as a school administrator working in Admissions, Athletics, and as Dean of Middle School Student Life at independent schools in Washington DC, Denver, and Philadelphia. She has also spent time in the classroom teaching a health, wellness and media literacy course for Middle School girls, and on the athletic fields as a high school field hockey and lacrosse coach. She and her husband drove the Alaska Highway this summer with their dog, Belle, and they are all looking forward to hiking, camping, skiing and enjoying the outdoor adventure close at hand in the Anchorage area.